The only thing that's gonna be here for now
(if I can even
get THAT much up) is this weeks (week 7) study questions.
I hope to post the calander and other information about the
Study in the near future, so be patient.
Core Study #7
What does the Bible say about our image?
Memory Verse of the week:
"19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. "
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)
2 Corinthians 4:1-6
1 Samuel 16:7
1 Corinthians 6:15, 19-20
1 Peter 5:5
1 Timothy 2:9
1 Corinthians 11:14
Day 1: Created In God's Image
Read: Genesis 1:26-27, 2 Corinthians 4:1-6, Colossians 1:15-23
1. In whose image are we created? Does this fit with evolution?
2. Whose glory is the image of God? (2 Cor. 4:4)
3. What is the purpose of
our being servants in the image of Christ according to 2 Cor. 4:5-6?
Day 2: Appearances
Read: 1 Samuel 16:7, Galatians 2:6, Ephesians 2:10, Psalms 139:14-16, Proverbs 31:30
1. What appearances doesman look at? What does God look at?
2. How well does God know us and our appearance?
3. How does the body describe beauty and charm? (Proverbs 31:30)
4. According to these scriptures,
what appearence should we be concerned with?
Day 3: Your Body as a Living Sacrifice
Read: Romans 12:1-2
1. How are we to offer our bodies?
2. What should our relationship to the World be?
Read: 1 Corinthians 6:15, 19-20
3. What is our body's relationship with Christ? With the Holy Spirit?
4. As Christians, who owns our bodies?
5. As we are not our own,
by what principles should we give our body's appearance?
Day 4: The Appearance of Christ
Read: Colossians 3:12-17, 1 Peter 5:5, Galatians 5:22-23, Matthew 7:19-21
1. What are we to clothe ourselves with according to Colossians 3:12-17?
2. How are these attributes similar to the fruits of the spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23?
3. If you know the Christ, all the fruit is yours, in what ways can you apply and show these qualities at school?
4. In what way can you let
this fruit be seen at home?
Day 5: Our Physical Appearance
Read: Romans 13:11-14, 1 Timothy 2:9, Proverbs 31:21-22, Deuteronomy 22:5, 1 Corinthians 11:14
1. According to Romans 13:11-14, what are we to dress like? What are we not to gratify?
2. What is the balance between 1 Timothy 2:9 and Proverbs 31:21-22?
3. What God's response to cross-dressing? Does this apply today? How far does this command go?
4. What does 1 Corinthians 11:14 teach us about our appearance? Does this apply today? Why or Why not?
5. How are we to dress in view of Romans 12:1-2 and 1 Corinthians 6:19-20?
6. Are there any aspects
of your physical appearance that conflict with scripture?
Once again, be patient, I'll try to get more
Back to Contents